The Fiscal and Accounting Division facilitates the efficiencies of tax payers monies provided to school districts. This occurs by providing a central location of financial oversight and assistance to 9 school districts in Coconino County. We aim to meet and excel at statutory requirements including:
- Process accounts payable and payroll warrants
- Monitor fund status for accounts payable and payroll
- Verify budget/cash capacity
- Reconcile warrants and cash balances with County Treasurer’s office and provide reconciling entries to school districts so they may balance to the county on a monthly basis
- Deposit and record school district revenue
- Verify and approve that federal and state completion report calculations agree with the county reports. Once approved, transmits approval to Arizona Department of Education-Grants Management
- Allocate interest revenue distribution by fund
- Works cooperatively with public school districts in setting tax rates
- Notifies a school district three years before the expiration of an Override
Fiscal and Accounting Division Support Staff
Gloria White works with the Coconino County School Districts to process accounts payable vouchers. She prepares and processes receipts for all incoming revenues from state and federal grant funds and forwards to the County Treasurer’s office. Revenue journal entries are done and exported to the school districts. Gloria joined the Superintendent Schools office team in August 2015 after many years of Service in the Health Care Industry as a Department Manager and Patient Advocate with the Indian Health Services. Most recently at Banner Health in Phoenix, Arizona. She has worked in administrative positions handling program planning and budget processing. An important aspect of her life is family — her husband, two children (Son and Daughter), two Chihuahua pets, and large extended family. She is Bitterwater clan born for One Who Walks Around clan and is originally from New Mexico. Gloria is very positive and enjoys working with people.
My name is Erin Tutay. I moved to Flagstaff four years ago and am originally from Tempe, Arizona. I am married with two children. Currently I am attending Northern Arizona University to earn my degree in Business Administration. I love to bake for parties, make crafts, play the piano, and spend time with my family and dog.